What is WEEE?
• The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (2006 No. 3289) (WEEE) is a UK legislation designed to address the environmental impact of waste electrical and electronic equipment
• The regulations have been put in place to ensure that products are recycled using best available treatment, recovery and recycling techniques to ensure human health and high environmental protection
• Both Cyrus Audio and our customers can assist in recycling waste electrical and electronic equipment
• We cannot recycle items unless you return them, so our customers have an important role to play in helping us to recycle
• Cyrus Audio will undertake their responsibility as both a Producer and a Distributor to dispose of these goods in line with European legislation
How do I know if my product is covered?
Look out for this symbol:
• If the symbol shown here is found on any of your goods, it means that the product is covered by the WEEE Regulations
• Please click here (PDF 68kb) for more details of products that are included in the WEEE Directive
How do I recycle my old products?
• When you have finished with a WEEE product, please do not put in your domestic waste bin, as it will not be recycled
• Please consult your local authority for information about recycling schemes in your area
The RoHS Directive
The RoHS Directive, also known as EU Directive 2002/95/EG, came into effect on July 1st, 2006.
The RoHS directive mandates that electrical and electronic products put into the European market within EU states shall contain restrictive levels of the following substances:
• Lead (Pb)
• Cadmium (Cd)
• Mercury (Hg)
• Hexavalent Chromium (Cr6+)
• Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB)
• Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE)