Current jobs at Cyrus
To apply for any roles, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with an up to date CV and covering letter.
Lead Software Engineer, Consumer Audio
The role of lead software engineer will require the individual to manage and develop all the software requirements for new products, as well as support existing products where software updates are required. The software will cover both embedded host code and app development.
Cyrus is a small but well-knit team, driven by a passion for excellence. Working closely with colleagues to effect collaborative and coordinated problem solving is essential. We are looking for individuals who are keen to make a difference and add real value to the development of the next generation of Cyrus products and help grow the brand.
The role reports into the head of R&D.
Salary will commensurate with experience.
A 1st or 2nd class degree in Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related subject.
Prior experience of working in software within the Audio industry is desirable.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
The successful candidate must have ALL of the following:
- Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and physical principles.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience in developing embedded software in a commercial software development environment.
- You will have debugged basic electronics circuits and will be familiar with oscilloscopes, logic analysers and other hardware-focused test equipment.
- Fluent in C and at least one other language such as C#, C++ or Java.
- Experience of embedded development in ARM-based microcontrollers.
- Knowledge of integrated circuit communication protocols, UART, I2C, SPI
The successful candidate is also likely to have the following:
- Knowledge of operating systems such as Windows, iOS, Android, Linux
- Have been involved in GUI design and implementation.
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming
- Experience using Python, Swift, and Java
- Be familiar with networking protocols, TCP/IP, multicast and broadcast
- Experience in iOS/Android mobile app development in Swift, Objective C and Java
- Knowledge of Visual Basic
- Experience in Scripting, bash and Raspbian OS
- Excellent communication skills essential.
- Ability to communicate vertically and with other stakeholders.
- Gets on with others in a small, focused, team working to tight deadlines and costs.
- Mature and responsible attitude, willing to take responsibility.
- Conscientious, reliable, and enthusiastic worker who takes pride in their work.
- Good attention to detail, organised