CD6 SE DISC ERROR

Home Forums Technical Support / How To… CD players CD6 SE DISC ERROR

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Lolo 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Carpologist09
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies 0
    • Total posts: 1

hi my player is loading the disc, says that it is reading for a few seconds then comes up with disc error and ejects the cd.

I have tried around 13 brand new cds.
    The cd player is clean and not had much use since I purchased it new

Any advice would be appreciated.

Anonymous
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies 102
    • Total posts: 112

Sorry to hear this. That sounds to me like a fault unfortunately so it will need to be looked at by an approved engineer. If you get in touch with your local retailer/distributor, they’ll arrange this for you. I’m sure the issue can be solved, whatever the cause.

gino
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies 2
    • Total posts: 2

Hi all,

same here.

I purchased a new CD T twenty days ago. Great device and stunning performance but…no way to get a listen with some Decca Cds: “says that it is reading for a few seconds then comes up with disc error and ejects the cd”.
    It works great with other CD labels. I stay confused.

Any help and/or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies 102
    • Total posts: 112

Hello Gino,

Sorry to hear this. I wonder if your Decca CDs have special characteristics? If they are made of unusual materials, are very thick/thin, or it is highly reflective, then that may perhaps deviate far enough from an audio CD standard that it upsets the CD player. It’s difficult to say without seeing the discs myself, but certainly something seems unusual. Have you tried making a copy of that disc to see if the copy plays?

gino
    Participant
    • Replies 2

“…Have you tried making a copy of that disc to see if the copy plays?”

I made an image and then burned it with ImgBurn (at the slowest speed). The copy works like a charm. I am a little bit more confused but glad to have received an useful suggestion Chris. Any further informations/communications about that issue will be appreciated.

Kind regards and thanks for your time Chris.

G.

zippy
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies 12
    • Total posts: 14

Is it possible that the discs are not 100%, and that using something like imgburn will make several passes if it cannot read correctly first time, and eventually get a correct read.
    I’ve found in the past that a PC will sometimes read a disc that a CD player won’t play.

Lolo
    Participant
    • Replies 4
    • Total posts: 4

Hi all,

I’m new here…

I have almost the same issue with my CD XT SE : it loads the disc, says that it is reading for a few seconds and then comes up with disc error, but it doesn’t ejects the cd. Some times, when I try with the same CD or another, it does play but skip part of the tracks. The CDs have not scratches neather fingers print.

Any help and/or advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

curly
    Participant
    • Replies 2

This sounds like the well documented fault with the Cyrus SE mechanism which has been discussed at length on the forums. Whilst many appreciate the sound of the players, they are unfortunately very unreliable in action.
    My own 8SE2 was returned to the factory 5 times for attention to this fault. A couple of years ago, in an attempt to retrieve some credibility, Cyrus offered half price upgrades for their CD players. This offer was heavily subscribed as many owners wanted rid of their faulty machines. My 8Se2 was upgraded to CDXtSIG (a new machine) but this has now been back to the factory because of a faulty mechanism & performance remains hit & miss. This saga damaged Cyrus as a brand & many owners gave up & went elsewhere. The reputation for unreliability remains.
    There may be ways for some owners to get around the problem but for those who just want their CDP to load, read & play discs it would seem disappointment & frustration is inevitable.

Lolo
    Participant
    • Replies 4

Thanks a lot Curly for your comment. Very much appreciated it!!! . I wasn’t aware of that since I hadn’t paid much attention to this brand, I’ve bought this cd player recently on eBay after reading a great review on Whathifi. I should have look for more information before buying it. Thanks again!

curly
    Participant
    • Replies 2

Yes, I daresay a number of the afflicted machines found their way onto ebay! Is it possible for you to return it to the seller as it’s obviously not fit for purpose/as described?
    You could try contacting Cyrus via their website, explain the situation & see if you can negotiate a solution. (Their fixed price repair is £300. Ouch!).
    I would email c.clifton@cyrusaudio.com, he’s their Service Manager & see if he is willing to help.
    God luck! Let us know how you get on.

Lolo
    Participant
    • Replies 4

Thanks one more time for your time and advices.
    Sure, I’ll keep you posted!

Lolo
    Participant
    • Replies 4

Hey Curly and every one,
    Sorry for this long long silence.
    I wrote to Mr Clifton email but he never answer my mail.
    I wrote to Cyrus company and the only solution was an up date because the fixing was not warranted 100%.
    I had then my money back through out Paypal !!!
    Thanks a lot for your advices!!!! and sorry again.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Designed and Manufactured in the United Kingdom

This is a demo store for testing purposes — no orders shall be fulfilled. Dismiss