The brief for the Cyrus 6 Power was to develop a versatile power amplifier based on the same circuit as the 8 vs2 integrated amp’s power section. We wanted to offer an affordable power amp of Cyrus quality performance for Pre/Power or bi-amped audio systems. These applications would include both hi-fi systems and multiple amplifier systems, such as those for AV and multi-room, a valuable feature is music-sensing and MC-Bus for ease of control in a larger system.
• Conservatively rated between 40W, the 6 Power will provide up to 80watts x 2 into 4 ohms. The compact chassis, occupying less than half the space of most equivalent ‘big-box’ power amplifiers, is particularly easy to accommodate in a multi-amplifier system.
• The 6 Power features a sophisticated music-sense circuit with microprocessor control. When the unit is set to low-consumption Standby, a high-sensitivity circuit will detect an incoming music signal and switch on the amplifier noiselessly ready for use. A precision timer in the control system will then hold the amplifier on for 10 minutes before resetting to a semi-Standby state. From this state, the amplifier can be wakened instantly, so that even subtle low-level background music or effects signals will not be lost as the amplifier exits standby. If music is not present for an extended period then the 6 Power will revert back to its true low-consumption standby state.
- Power output - Stereo 50W/CH (both driven into 8 Ohms) 80W/CH (both driven into 4 Ohms)
- Distortion - <0.004%, (1kHz into 8 Ohms) <0.01%, (20Hz-20kHz into 8 Ohms)
- Frequency Response - -3 dB at 0.2Hz and 100kHz
- Input impedance - 20Kohm
- S/N Ratio - 111dBA (ref 50W)
- Dimensions - H73 x W215 x D360mm